Thursday, April 19, 2012

Video: My interview with Laurence Harvey from Days of the Dead Atlanta.

I had run into Laurence Harvey a few times throughout the course of Days of the Dead Atlanta, and marveled at how this genuinely friendly, well spoken English gentleman had portrayed the brutal psychotic Martin in Human Centipede so effectively. He told me that if I came by his booth on Sunday he'd be glad to do an interview. Sunday morning rolled around, and I approached him and asked if now was a good time. He looked at me with eyes full of the kind of desperation only known by those working the morning after a night of serious partying and asked "Do you have a cigarette?" With that we stepped outside and filmed this. Probably my favorite moment was before the camera started rolling. I said as diplomatically as possible so as not to offend him "We should sit down. It will make framing easier since there's a bit of a height difference." Mr. Harvey, who, as you can see from the pic is kinda diminutive, smiled and sarcastically laughed "Oh, you noticed!" One thing I do need to point out here; during the interview, he announces that he and Dieter Laser were going to appear together in Human Centipede 3: Final Sequence. Since we did this interview, it has sadly been announced that Deiter Laser has left the cast. Damn, I was so looking forward to seeing Martin and Dr. Heiter together. Oh well. This was one of my favorite interviews from the con, and I felt fortunate to catch him at his first event like this. The video isn't so good on this one because for some reason I had to render it at a lower resolution to get the video and audio to sync up right. I'm still learning as far as the whole video editing and rendering thing goes since I went to a crappy film school, so bear with me. It's still a great interview though. Laurence is the man. The credits song is "Ass to Mouth" by Justin. There's a link in the video description. I couldn't think of a more fitting song. Watch, share, comment, and enjoy.

3 comments:

Cash Wampum said...

Another excellent interview from SOC!!

Mister Bones said...

Great interview.

Anonymous said...

Loved Laurence Harvey! I hope he's at next years Days of the Dead in Atlanta!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...