Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Artist Brian Steward Releases Bad-ass Limited Edition Psychomania Print


Horror fans love to wax poetic about those VHS covers that beckoned us from video store shelves, teasing us with images of the lurid, forbidden wonders the movie held.  I probably entered my first video store when I was 10 or 11, but my first exposure to horror movie box art came much sooner.   
When I was a wee lad of 5 or 6, I was fascinated with the small selection of tapes for rent at the local Winn-Dixie.  While my mother grocery shopped, I would stare at those covers.  Being a “family store,” they didn’t carry anything with extreme box art.  There are two covers, however, that intrigued me.  Both were Goodtimes Home Video releases.  One was Killers From Space.  To be honest, those red eyes really creeped me out for some reason.  The other was Psychomania.  Whereas those eyes gave me the willies, I thought that skull with the black helmet was awesome.  He was like Skeletor’s cooler brother.  Anyway, those were the first two horror covers I saw, and they burned their way into my psyche.

Psychomania also figured into outstanding horror artist and podcaster extraordinaire Brian Steward’s early horror experiences. Brian is launching a series of authorized prints featuring his take on some classic poster art, and he’s kicking off the line with the devil worshipping biker gang classic.  "I know it may seem strange to start a poster series like this with such an unlikely and somewhat unknown film choice,” he said, “but, for me, Psychomania was the only way to start. It was, with Alice Sweet Alice and Night Of The Living Dead, my first exposure to the horror genre. The Christmas I got a VCR, my Mom and Dad got those movies for me. That's where it all started for me. So, in paying homage to some of my favorite horror films with this series, it was only fitting to start at, what was for me, the beginning." 

That bad ass biker skeleton has never looked better either.  Check out the print…


See?  I told you.  BAD ASS!  These are limited to 250, so Follow THIS LINK to Brian’s Website and grab one while you can. 

1 comment:

Kev D. said...

TOTALLY fucking sweet, dude.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...