Friday, October 25, 2013

What Halloween Means To Me '13 Day 25: Ruby Larocca


Ruby Larocca is the definition of what an indie genre actress should be.  She started with Seduction Studios doing films like Spiderbabe, Mummy Raider, and Lord of the G-Strings alongside Misty Mundae and Darian Caine.  I will fully admit to having seen all of those.  She was in the movie that just might bear my favorite title of all time, Orgasm Torture In Satan’s Rape Clinic.  From softcore beginnings, she has gone on to appear in some outstanding horror flicks.  She appeared in two movies that I think are vastly underrated; The Lost (a killer Jack Ketchum adaptation) and Flesh For The Beast.  She’s in the excellent The Cemetery.  She’s also a frequent collaborator of Jimmy Screamerclauz, and in my opinion her most impressive work to date is a voice performance in Where The Dead Go To Die.  She infuses Sophie with an absolutely heartbreaking innocence, pain, and vulnerability that goes a long way towards establishing an emotional core for the weirdness to revolve around.  With a motto like “I support dangerous art & fearless hearts,” she sounds like my kinda people.  Oh, and for the record, she’s been in two flicks (Porkchop and Bone Sickness) that I really want to see buy haven’t been able to yet.  If any of you Cellmates wanna hook me up on that front, I’d be eternally grateful.  So, Ruby, what does Halloween mean to you?


"Halloween.
It means everything to me. A time to be scary, or dark, or funny. A time to be something you're not. A time to be your fantasy.
When I was a kid, we used to chase around the other kids.
I used to dress as a purple unicorn, my mother made the costume for me; probably the only person who would appreciate that is Heidi, side note
Even in my purple unicorn costume I would terrorize the other kids. I guess I've always been evil, but I always went home with the biggest pillow bag of candy... I still do.
But really what does Halloween mean to me?  Scaring kids, ha ha ha!”



6 more days ‘til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.  6 more days ‘til Halloween, Silver Shamrock.

1 comment:

Mark Schemanske said...

You are correct sir! Ruby Larocca IS everything that an indie genre actress should be. My favorite of her films is The Devil's Bloody Playthings, but she's great in everything! Though I find it hard to imagine her as a purple unicorn.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...