Friday, October 31, 2014

What Halloween Means To Me '14: Dyanne Thorne

There have been certain moments in my time as the Son of Celluloid where I can't believe actually happened.  Moments my teenage horror freak self would lose his mind over.  One of those was exploitation queen Dyanne Thorne, Ilsa herself, dictating this entry over the phone to me because her computer was broken.  You all know Dyanne as the She Wolf of the SS, Tigress of Siberia, and Harem Keeper for the Oil Sheiks in the Ilsa films as well as other classics like Hellhole and Blood Sabbath.  As you will read, she also appears in two new flicks this year; House of the Witch Doctor and House of Forbidden Secrets.  Click on those titles to learn more about them.  So, Dyanne, what does Halloween mean to you?
"About Halloween: I hate to sound too square, but the current dangers associated with the holiday really spook me.  Having made my share of horror movies, I understand how much we all seem to enjoy a good “boo.”  When I was a kid – last century – the fun of Halloween was awesome.  We wore homemade outfits, crazy makeup, and were safe to knock on every door we could manage.  We begged and pranked and ate every goodie that was doled out to us.  It was laughable.  It was fun.  Now it’s a new age.  This time I get to dress like a zombie and my husband, Howard Maurer, as Dracula as we party with our vampire friends.  Halloween can be fun.  I hope we can all enjoy it safely.  Howard and I make guest appearances in two new films being released for Halloween 2014.  House of the Witch Doctor (directed by Devon Mikolas) and House of Forbidden Secrets (directed by Todd Sheets) are both meant to scare the living beejeesus out of you in the safety of your living room in front of your TV screen.”
No more days 'til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.  No more days 'til Halloween.  Silver Shamrock!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...